Picture five days in the Blue Mountains with each ceremony and experience designed to awaken your unique spiritual gift.
What's going on inside?
Underneath all of our doings in the outside world, there is ever-changing internal spiritual evolution happening.
Our tradition refers to it as making your way around the Medicine Wheel. The Medicine Wheel is the wheel of life and it maps our spiritual journey through the cycle of life.
So once a year we gather for Summer Solstice Retreat to do ceremony to experience what's going on inside, and awaken our current spiritual truths. Because all of these things change. It's a way of updating yourself. We call it getting right with yourself.
And you're invited...
Because, here's the thing...
We tend to lose touch with our true nature in the trials and tribulations of everyday life.
It's not like you did anything wrong. It's just that the demands of your everyday life are likely oriented around the external demands of living in our culture.
Our culture has become very externally based. If we focus on the external things exclusively we begin to lose the forest of the trees. We forget why we're doing the things we are doing.
Things like... what is most important to you. And, what are you truly called to do? And, what were you hoping to experience in your intimate relationship and family? And are you?
It happens oh so subtly. There's a Zen story of what could be the harm of allowing few more clouds in the sky. And a few a more. Until one day you can't see the sun anymore,
And I while later, you forget that the sun was ever there.
We align our lives with this external reality that we've subscribed to.
And it looks good on paper or social media. But where's the richness and beauty? Are we really being close and vulnerable or are we just reading books about it?
We love the idea of vulnerability and intimacy. But are we experiencing it in our relationships?
Because to experience vulnerability and spiritual awakening, we have to get back to opening our hearts and looking and feeling what's in there.
Isn't it time you slowed down long enough to see and feel what's going on in there?
The Good News Is...
This 5-day retreat provides a way to reconnect with your spiritual nature.
By participating in the Summer Solstice 4-day Retreat, you can develop the following qualities to allow you to understand the clear guidance your dreams are trying to provide you:
- Connect with the deeper dimensions of your soul's journey and enlist the guidance of your spirit guides and resources.
- Reevaluate what's most important to you and identify the obstacles and things that separate you from that.
- Awaken the things you would like to create in your life clarifying your intention.
- Offer clear intentions to release away the things that no longer serve you and to create your new life.
- Create a focus on integrating the things you've awakened during the week into your everyday life.
YES, these outcomes are totally within reach for you whether you’ve done this type of work before or are brand new to it...
... but they DO depend on taking a clear-cut experiential approach.
If this seems fascinating to you (like it does me), then I couldn’t be more excited to introduce you to the Summer Solstice Ceremonies 5-day Retreat.
MEET YOUR SUMMER SOLSTICE ELDERS
Ann Coughlin, Eve Costello, James Barfoot, and Michael Hoffman
We've been gathering for Summer Solstice since 1986. (No, we're not old.) As retreat elders, we have two primary roles.
First, we orchestrate experiences so you can experience your spiritual nature. We're not going to tell you about it- you can read that in a book.
Rather, we're got to invite you to participate in various ceremonies and sharing circles so you can experience it for yourself. Our role could be described as pointing you to it and then getting out of the way.
And our other role is to keep the space safe so you can open your heart and be vulnerable. And gently look at the things that no longer serve you. And look at the scariest things of all... your unique beauty and personal power.
Ann Coughlin teaches classes to awaken people's natural ability to be psychic and intuitive. She offers Akashic Records readings and RoHun therapy healing sessions. During the Solstice Retreat, Ann facilitates the Akashic Records Ceremony and Medicine Wheel.
Eve Costello works with young children to keep their spiritual nature intact amidst school and early life. She orchestrates her young students to work things out between each other. Eve facilitates the Fire and Water Ceremony during Summer Solstice Retreat.
James Barfoot does hypnotherapy and coaching to guide people to make intentional behavioral change. During the Summer Solstice Retreat, James is the fire keeper for the Fire and Water Ceremony. He also leads a ceremony on tobacco intention ties.
Michael Hoffman offers spiritual coaching and retreats to guide you to integrate your spiritual nature into your everyday life. During Retreat, Michael offers Sharing Circles to release obstacles, identify what you want to awaken in your life, and clarify your intention.
Summer Solstice Ceremonies
with Ann Coughlin, Eve Costello, James Barfoot, and Michael Hoffman
Dates: Wednesday, 6/15/22, 5 pm Pacific Time -through- Sunday, 6/19/22, 1 pm.
Location: Deer Creek camp area 6 mi from Sumpter Oregon, just 40 minutes from Baker City, OR Approximately 25 miles west of Baker City on Hwy 7. (We will have a sign up at the turn off).
This retreat provides ceremonies, guided meditations, and sharing circles which are orchestrated throughout each day for you to directly experience your truth, purpose, and spiritual nature. Lodging will be tent camping on the retreat grounds. Showers are available in the nearby town of Sumpter.
Ceremony is intended for you to deepen your connection with your spiritual nature. Ceremony is a focused and sacred space to dance with all the aspects of life to draw yourself back into harmony with Life and yourself.
After finding your place on the Medicine Wheel or wheel of life, it is natural to consider what you would like to awaken in your life and what might be obstructing you from allowing that in your life. You will then be invited to release away the things that no longer serve you and offer a clear intention to integrate the new elements into your life.
Here are the broad strokes of the Summer Solstice Ceremonies:
- Wednesday evening: Opening Ceremony, Sharing Circle, and Akashic Records Ceremony around the fire. The opening ceremony is features lighting the fire. The first Sharing Circles typically focus on what's in your heart as you approach ceremony. The Akashic Records Ceremony allows you to connect with the deeper dimensions of your soul's journey and often enlists the guidance of your spirit guides.
- Thursday: Medicine Wheel, Gather Stones and Willow, and Sharing Circles: The Medicine Wheel is a ceremony to find your place in the cycle of your life. This opens the Wheel as a place to enter the center of creation throughout the week. We gather stones and willow to prepare for our Fire and Water ceremony. The first Sharing Circle guides you to reevaluate what is most important to you, while the second identifies the obstacles and things that no longer serve you.
- Friday: Build Lodge and Sharing Circles. We collaborate as a community to build the lodge for the Fire and Water Ceremony. The Sharing Circles focus on what you would like to create and awaken in yourself in the coming year.
- Saturday: Awaken Fire, Sharing Circle, Fire and Water Ceremony: Sharing Circle focuses on clarifying your intention. Most of the day revolves around preparing for and participating in the Fire and Water Ceremony. During this ceremony, you will offer your prayers to release away the things that no longer serve you and offer an intention for your new life.
- Sunday: Sharing Circle, Closing Ceremony, Deconstruct Ceremony Grounds. The Sharing Circle focuses on integrating the things you've awakened during the week into your everyday life. The closing ceremony closes the portal in the center of the Medicine Wheel and completes the week of ceremony. A community effort deconstructs the ceremony grounds and returns the space to its natural state.
So if you’re still here...
Let me send you off with this.
By now, perhaps you see the possibility of experiencing your truth and spiritual nature for yourself…
... and the irreplaceable value of participating in ceremonies, sharing circles, and collaborative community activities.
So, if you’re wanting to experience and speak your truth, check out the Summer Solstice Ceremonies 4-day Retreat.
If you're interested in what's going on inside in the very depths of your being, check out the Summer Solstice Ceremonies 4-day Retreat.
If you've always wondered what your purpose is, and more so, how you can offer it to other people, check out the Summer Solstice Ceremonies 4-day Retreat.
If you want to understand how you and your life magically fits with all of creation, check out the Summer Solstice Ceremonies 4-day Retreat.
If you’re ready, I look forward to sitting in ceremony and sharing circle with you.